CREATIVITY is CONTAGIOUS! PASSitON
ROCK N' CREATE #ThinkOUTSIDEtheBOX

Stone Temple Pilots "Crackerman" LIVE





Upon his death, many critics and peers offered reevaluations of Weiland's life and career, including David Fricke of Rolling Stone and Billy Corgan of The Smashing Pumpkins, the latter calling Weiland one of three "voices of the generation" alongside Kurt Cobain and Layne Staley.

Crackerman" from "Core" the debut album by American rock band Stone Temple Pilots, released on September 29, 1992 through Atlantic Records.  While initially displaying a sound typically identified as grunge early on in its career, further releases from the band expressed a variety of influences, including psychedelic rock, bossa nova and classic rock. 


http://ecoworldreactor.blogspot.com/2015/08/classic-art-pop-culture-nastya-nudnik.html



 

Stone Temple Pilots (often abbreviated as STP) is an American rock band from San Diego, California, that originally consisted of Scott Weiland (lead vocals), brothers Dean (guitar) and Robert DeLeo (bass, backing vocals), and Eric Kretz (drums).  


While initially displaying a sound typically identified as grunge early on in its career, further releases from the band expressed a variety of influences, including psychedelic rock, bossa nova and classic rock. The band's evolution throughout the 1990s and early 2000s involved several tumultuous periods of commercial highs and lows, brought about in part by Weiland's well-publicized struggles with drug addiction.
 

Stone Temple Pilots: 
Scott Weiland – vocals 
Dean DeLeo – guitar 
Robert DeLeo – bass 
Eric Kretz – drums


"Scott Richard Weiland ( born Scott Richard Kline; October 27, 1967 – December 3, 2015) was an American musician, singer and songwriter. During a career spanning three decades, Weiland was best known as the lead singer of the band Stone Temple Pilots from 1989 to 2013, as well as the supergroup Velvet Revolver from 2003 to 2008. He also established himself as a solo artist, releasing two studio albums, two cover albums, a live album and collaborations with several other musicians since 1995.

Though derided by critics early in his career, Weiland's onstage persona was known as being flamboyant and chaotic; he was also known for constantly changing his appearance and vocal style, his use of a megaphone in concert for vocal effect, as well as his battles with substance abuse. Now widely viewed as a talented and versatile vocalist, Weiland has been ranked in the Top 100 Heavy Metal Vocalists by Hit Parader (No. 57).

In 2012, shortly before his departure from Stone Temple Pilots, Weiland formed Scott Weiland and the Wildabouts, receiving mixed reviews: some critics and fans noted Weiland's apparently failing health and dwindling energy. While touring for his 2015 album Blaster, Weiland died of a drug overdose on his tour bus in Minnesota at the age of 48. Upon his death, many critics and peers offered reevaluations of Weiland's life and career, including David Fricke of Rolling Stone and Billy Corgan of The Smashing Pumpkins, the latter calling Weiland one of three "voices of the generation" alongside Kurt Cobain and Layne Staley.


CORE
 

"Core" the debut album by American rock band Stone Temple Pilots, released on September 29, 1992 through Atlantic Records. The album, which peaked at #1 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart and #3 on the Billboard 200, was certified 8x platinum by the RIAA on December 18, 2001, making it the band's best-selling album

Weiland explaining his lyrical style on Core:: "I feel very strongly that all individuals, regardless of age, race, creed or sexual preference, should have the freedom to exercise their rights as human beings to enjoy life, pursue what they want and feel comfortable about who they are. I guess I tend to find the darker sides of life more attractive than the yellows and oranges. I know its something that I relate to when I listen to music.


Beautiful portrait of Scott Weiland on Stone Temple Pilots' Tiny Music tour by Gina Lizza.


 Weiland's vocal and musical style proved to be versatile, evolving constantly throughout his career. At the peak of Stone Temple Pilots' success in the early to mid-1990s, Weiland displayed a deep, baritone vocal style that was initially closely compared to that of Pearl Jam singer Eddie Vedder. However, as STP continued to branch out throughout its career, so did Weiland's vocal style. The band's third album, Tiny Music... Songs from the Vatican Gift Shop, had Weiland singing in a much higher, raspier tone to complement the band's more 60's rock-influenced sound on that album. Later albums showcased Weiland's influences ranging from bossa nova on Shangri-La Dee Da to blues rock and classic rock on the band's 2010 self-titled album.

Weiland's first solo record, 1998's 12 Bar Blues, represented a huge shift in Weiland's style, as the album featured a sound "rooted in glam rock, filtered through psychedelia and trip-hop." With Velvet Revolver, Weiland's vocals ranged from his classic baritone to a rawer style to complement the band's hard rock sound. A New York Post review of Velvet Revolver's 2007 album Libertad commented that "Weiland's vocals are crisp and controlled yet passionate."


 
Studio album by Stone Temple Pilots
Released
September 29, 1992
Recorded
1992, Rumbo Recorders Canoga Park, California
Genre
Grunge, alternative metal, heavy metal
Length
53:37
Label
Atlantic
Producer
Brendan O'Brien


STONE TEMPLE PILOTS LYRICS
"Crackerman"

 

Kickin' as I'm tryin' to sleep
I got the mud beaneath my shoes
Rubber band, rubberband
Gun in hand, gun in hand
I wanna use

Roamin', roamin', roam
Get away, gotta get away
And I think I think too much
I don't care, yeah and I don't care
Roamin', roamin', roam
Get away, gotta get away
And I think I think too much

Trippin' as I'm thinkin'
'Bout a boy, his name was Sue
He's a man, he's man
Crackerman, crackerman
He's a woman too

Roamin', roamin', roam
Get away, gotta get away
And I think I think too much
I don't care, yeah and I don't care
Roamin', roamin', roam
Get away, gotta get away
And I think I think too much

And I'm thinkin'
While I'm thinkin'
And I'm thinkin'
While I'm thinkin'

Roamin', roamin', roam
Get away, gotta get away
And I think I think too much
I don't care, yeah and I don't care
Roamin', roamin', roam
Get away, gotta get away
And I think I think too much

And I'm thinkin'
While I'm thinkin'
And I'm thinkin'
While I'm thinkin'





MORE MUSIC & VIDEOS ON:


http://ecoworldreactor.blogspot.com/2015/08/classic-art-pop-culture-nastya-nudnik.html"THE ROCK STAR" SCOTT WEILAND TRIBUTE



SOURCE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_%28Stone_Temple_Pilots_album%29
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Temple_Pilots

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Weiland

 

 

  "No Copyright Infringement Intended, Strictly For Promotional Purposes Only! All Rights Reserved To Their Respective Owners."

"Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."












0 comentarios :